after sautéing brussels sprouts often, i thought i would try something different. something healthier. this is a raw salad. give it a go. this is two recipes mixed together:
- honey mustard brussels sprouts slaw
- shaved brussels sprout salad with red onion and pecorino
i liked the dressing of the first and the red onion and chess of the second. hope you like my mix!
brussels sprout salad with apples & a mustard vinaigrette
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts, leaves separated
- 1 honey crisp apple, julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. toasted walnuts, chopped
- finely grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp.apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper. set aside.
in a medium bowl, add the brussels sprouts leaves and red onion. a couple tablespoons of the dressing and toss.