another easy brunch recipe… perfect for feeding 4 to 6 people, this frittata is simple, classic, and yummy. it’s cheesy with the sweetness of basil. while you can serve it on a plate, i served it in the skillet, so guests could help themselves.
while heirloom tomatoes are delicious, they are not a must. feel free to substitute with whatever tomatoes you have or are in season. this recipe can be altered to your liking, such as adding different cheeses, spices, and maybe bacon!
hope you enjoy it!
heirloom tomato & basil frittata
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ pound ground sausage
- ¼ red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. grated gruyere cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- handful basil (not chopped)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes (mixed colors & sizes), cut crosswise into 1/4″ slices
heat oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat.