this recipe is great as a main dish with veggies and rice or served as an appetizer with toothpicks! this is a quick an easy shrimp recipe that is sure to please. the spicy asian dressing can be used to flavor asparagus, green beans, or any other veggie that needs a kick.
grilled shrimp with spicy-citrus dressing
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha (or other asian chile sauce, such as sambal oelek)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. olive oil, plus more for cooking
- salt & pepper
- 4 lb. jumbo shrimp (approx. 30 shrimp)
in a bowl, whisk the sriracha with the lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, and oregano. whisk in the 1/2 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
light a grill or preheat a grill pan. brush the shrimp with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. grill the shrimp over medium heat, turning once, until cooked through (approx. 8 minutes).
transfer the shrimp to a platter (for appetizer) or plates (for a main course) and spoon the dressing on top. serve hot!