i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving break! my family had a rather unorthodox meal due to multiple complications:
- the ovens in our house are not working (new ones going in shortly!)
- we were in the bahamas
- you never know what you’ll find at the bahamian markets
- quality is always up in the air food-wise, because everything is shipped in
we made it to the store already knowing that turkey wasn’t an option because the ovens don’t work. we had our hearts set on lamb chops that we’d separate and cook on the stove. upon opening the lamb (imported & vacuum sealed) later that evening, it just didn’t smell quite right….. so then we remembered we had boerwors in the fridge! (boerwors is a south african sausage – we get it in atlanta & freeze it & bring it) so we had potatoes, boerwors, carrots. not the average thanksgiving feast! my brothers insisted upon having a ‘real’ thanksgiving back in atlanta… my poor mother!
i digress. a lot.
anyways, after all that much-loved thanksgiving fare (on your part), an easy, thrown-together meal is best!
pesto pasta casserole.
baked, creamy, hearty goodness!
pesto pasta casserole
- 1 box bowtie pasta
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (condensed)
- 1/2 jar of pre-made pesto (Alesso brand is best!)
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- S&P, to taste
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, chopped (optional)
pre-heat oven to 400 F degrees.bring salted water to boil & add pasta. cook as desired.
in a casserole dish, mix all the ingredients well. top the pasta with about 1/4 c. parmesan.
bake in the oven for 15 mins or until the top is golden brown & bubbling.
note: you are more than welcome to use hand-made pesto, but this way is what makes it easy. also, i often use pre-cooked chicken like tyson roast, sliced chicken.